Thursday, October 3, 2013

Next Step Easy Street Quilt



Well I got a couple of steps done this week.

I love Bonnie Hunter's Quiltville blog site. I love her patterns and her wonderful adventures.

So this last week I was able to get a lot of cutting and piecing done. It was great being able to loose myself in my sewing. It was a week that I am glad I was able to loose myself in it, it was rainy and stormy outside. I am surprised I got so much done because we lost our power for 8 hours on Saturday and thought that my whole weekend was going to be shot. However, it was the perfect time to do some stitch ripping that I have been putting off because I hate ripping out stitching.


I got through several steps and was starting to put things together too. I love the colors my daughter picked out for this quilt. She was even helping me cut out the pieces. It was a great time for both of us.

She was very curious how it all went together. She was actually interested in watching me use the sewing machine. I have never had her interested in sewing before, so I was grinning from ear to ear this week. She is 16 now and has always loved getting things that I have made her, but she was never interested in actually learning how to do it herself before. So for her to actually start cutting out pieces and being curious was a shock to me, but a good one.

So I was able to breeze through a few steps this week and hope to get more done this next weekend too.

As long as the power stays on, it should we are suppose to be dry and cool this weekend. I think I will have to make some Peanut Butter Cup cookies for the kids (who am I fooling, they are for me too).



Here is the last of what I finished this week. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend. Until later have a sew perfect day.


No comments: