Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Animal Print Quilt



Well hello all. This has been a wonderful week. The sun has been out and we have actually reached 88 degrees out. Now I do not know about you, but once the temperature gets to over 75 degrees I start wishing for a breeze and some clouds to help break up the heat.

As you guessed I am not a person who likes hot weather. That is probably why I live in the Pacific Northwest. I like having the sun out and I like mild weather, but hot weather is something I do not do well. So when it got hot for two days this last weekend my husband asked if it was time to get the air conditioner out. I decided it was not going to be hot that long and I could live with it for the short time we would be in a "heat wave" according to the news group.

So to pass the time away I decided to finish up a quilt I was making for the husband. It is made out of Minkie fabric. I love the animal prints they had. He has been bugging me to finish it so he could use it this fall and winter so I decided what the heck. I had a fan blowing on me at the sewing machine and went to work. It was one of the quilt as you go type of easy quilts so it was not that long and I was putting the binding on it.

He was so happy when he came home from work yesterday to find it complete and sitting on his chair. He was such a wonderful man when he found it. He turned to me and said, "Thank you honey it is wonderful, but I hope you do not expect me to use it right now. If you can handle me having it folded up until October before I could tell you how wonderfully warm it is, I will give you my review then." He is such a funny guy. "Of course I can wait until then. At least I finished it before the snow this year."


Here it is all stretched out over his chair. I love the Giraffe and Tiger prints the best. He loves how soft the Minkie is, see I made a pink one for my daughter for Christmas two years ago and one for my step son in blue last year, and bought the fabric for this one two years ago too. He has been looking at the fabric for quite a while asking when it would be done. I finally got it complete this last weekend. Yeah one more thing off my work in progress list.

Hope all of you had a wonderful Mother's Day. I know I did. I got two dozen roses and had dinner cooked for me Sunday night. I also got to have a day to myself to do whatever I wanted, which in this house with a 15 year old and an 11 year old is hard to do.

See you all later, have a wonderful day.

2 comments:

Danih03 said...

You could crank the AC down real low and then maybe your husband would try it out;)

Unknown said...

Danielle, He would love that. He may get to try it yet. It is suppose to rain all week here.