Friday, July 22, 2011

Blind Man riding bike

Good afternoon all. You will never guess what I saw last night on my way home from work. I was on my way back from my mom's after grabbing my daughter. We were on a back street so I was just meandering through at about 15 mph. I was talking with Jess and enjoying the pretty front yards when I saw a bike coming down the street on the right side. As he was passing I noticed he was holding a stick. I thought that was odd.

So as he passed I looked closer and just could not believe what I saw. Then I started laughing because it struck me as funny. The man was riding a bike in the bike lane carrying a blind walking stick across his handle bars. Jess looked at me rather oddly and asked, " What are you laughing at?" I said, "Did you see what he was carrying?" To which her reply was, "Yeah, so what?" I said, "Do you know what it was for?" Again the blank stare with the dumb teenage,"Well duh, yeah, so?" I rolled my eyes and said, "Isn't it odd that he is carrying a blind stick while riding a bike? How is he riding a bike while being blind? Get the oddity of that?" She decided it was not that funny. What do you expect from a 14 year old who thinks she is going on 23.

I just am glad I do not have to hopefully see him in a car behind the wheel any time soon. At least I hope.

No comments: