Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Homecoming Dance




Well I never thought this day would come. Not to mention I was not ready yet for it to come. My daughter and her first year of High School was invited to Homecoming. She was so excited. We went to store after store to find a dress, she did not like any of them.



We happened to be in Good Will one afternoon dropping off some clothes for donation and she asked if we could go in. She found the fancy dress section right away. She found 4 dresses she absolutely loved. We went through trying them on one by one. First one was too tight, second one too loose, third one she decided she did not like it on.








 Finally we get to the last one and she loved it. We get to the counter and find out that it was half off due to Halloween. Right on!!

Here she is ready to go. We spent about an hour on her hair. We also spent about an hour on her makeup. It was the first time I spent that much time putting her makeup on and explaining to her how to apply it and why we apply it lightly, not like a hussy. hehe.


She had a blast spending the time with me and learning the fun things about starting to grow up.


I tried to get a close up but she did not want to smile.

So I kept taking the picture until finally she smiled.


She tried to get me to stop but she finally gave in.


I dropped her off and wanted to get more photo's with her friends but she said I was embarrassing her so I only took one and said my goodbye's and when I would be there to pick her up.

Oh and on the way there she said she felt like she was going to throw up because she had never gone to a formal dance before and did not really want to go now. We talked for a few minutes and once we got there she was much better. Now it is all she can talk about.

I hate that she is growing up too fast for me. But I know she is going to, I just have to deal with it. Hope you all enjoy the photo's.

No comments: