Thursday, March 1, 2012

Busy Little Bee

Sorry I have not written in a while but I have been busy.

Let's see, first off we had to attend my daughter's band concert this last month. She has been playing the trumpet now for 3 years and she has gotten pretty good if I do say so. She played her little heart out.

She does not think she is that good, but if you could have heard her in the beginning and compare it to now, I would say she is great. She makes it seem easy. I am glad she got a little of her mother's musical talent. I have played the violin, clarinet, piano, and organ in my lifetime.





I have also started crocheting more wash clothes. I crochet in the evening while we are all sitting around and watching a movie or a hockey game. These two are pretty simple and only use about 1/2 a skein each. They each only took about an evening or two to make. I like them because they are just the right size to do dishes with.





Here is another view of them.

I use the Lily Sugar N' Cream yarn. It is the best when it comes to making wash cloths. The skeins are the perfect size for either one fancy or two simple cloths each.



I also want to show you some of the more fancy one's I have done. These have a little ruffle on them.  I got the pattern for the ruffled one's from a wonderful blog called Chickens in the Road. She has the most wonderful recipes and such on her blog. It is really a wonderful blog to follow. I also made her cinnamon bun cookies. My family ate them all up.


I am in the midst of making a bag for my daughter. It happens to be called the "Jessie Bag", which is her name. We had spent a day going to quilt shops and she saw the pattern and just about pulled my arm off trying to beg me to make one for her. So I got the pattern from The Pine Needle Quilt Shop. She loves the shop and fell in love with the bag. We spent the next couple of hours picking out material for it. I am having her help me make it, come to find out she likes sewing. She never knew. hehe. I will post pictures of the bag as soon as it is done. With all the help it should be done tonight.

Hope you all have a wonderful day and I hope everyone had a wonderful Leap Day yesterday. I know I was busy sewing most of the day. How about you?

No comments: