Friday, June 8, 2012

Home made Pizza




Last night I had both kids and they wanted something good for dinner. So I decided I had a lot of left overs so ok. They were so excited to want to make their own pizza, they love helping in the kitchen.


I made a pizza dough that has been my old standby bread machine pizza dough for years. I love it because it does not take forever.

Homemade Bread Machine Pizza Dough

2 tsp. bread machine yeast
3 cups flour
1 tsp salt ( I use fresh ground sea salt)
2 Tbls sugar
2 Tbls olive oil
1 cup water + 2 Tbls water

Put it all in your bread machine according to your bread machine directions. Set machine to dough. Once it is all mixed up and has combined well pll it out and let it rest for about 5 minutes. I took mine and divided it into 4 equal parts. (One for each person). I rolled it out, put it on cookie sheets that have corn meal on them so it will not stick. Let the kids make all their own topping combos place in oven 400 degrees for 18-20 min.










They really enjoyed theirs. The pizza was about the size of a medium pizza, maybe a tad smaller. The kids ate just about their entire pizzas.  They saw me taking pictures of one that was not cooked yet and wanted me to take a picture of theirs so here you go.


As you can see they are munching away. I just finished getting two more in the oven and they were already finished with half of theirs.

Glad they all enjoyed their dinner. I was a super hero last night and the most awesome cook ever just for pizza, kids are weird.

Hope everyone is enjoying the day. Happy Friday all.


No comments: